Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fiberglass Sanding and Priming, Hull Pressure Washing, Final Keel Grind and First Coat of Rust Inhibiting Primer!+



Steve was able to powerwash the hull. First he soaked the bottom with a mixture of bleach and water, then blasted it off. You can see the moss crap that was on there before. I'm glad that stuff is off now.



Vacuuming the keel was a picture I had to have.



The Wire Brush attachment was key to getting in the deepest pits.



After clearing the keel of all stray rust dust, I hit it with the first coat of rust inhibiting primer. Made by Rustoleum, a version of this stuff is used in shipyards everywhere. It went on very well and filed in any small pits that were still in the keel after hours of grinding.



Great Day. 61 and sunny. Got a little tan. Stil Livin the dream.

1 comment:

  1. So far I have no shirt on in about 60% of the pics on this blog. By June, I hope it will be close to 90%. American Honey...

    ReplyDelete