Thursday, April 8, 2010

Another Keel Epoxy Coat, Interior shelf/table build, Hull sanding, Aluminum window mount cleaning, a little rain, pollen



You may be able to see the great, light light blue that I schemed for the interior polyurethane. We are in the Carolinas so it seemed appropriate and better than bland white or retro cream.



After another application of headlight restorer I began the reassembly of the windows. The seals, although shrunken about 2%, were in decent shape and popped right on.

After sanding the pitted hull, there was a layer of yellow on every car in the neighborhood. I thought I was a dead man until I realized it was just the rediculous amount of pollen/allergens flying around. Notice the layer on the tarp.



The ever amazing west system epoxy with slow hardener went on beautifully yet got covered with pollen. About 99% of it wiped off and thank goodness for that.



Working on the interior shelf/table mounting unit was a blast. The great reddish color is great with a few layers of spar varnish on top. I used wood glue and screws to hold it together. The table top I cut out of oak and have begun varnishing it's pants off. The oak table slides in to the shelf near the top. It should be pretty legit.


a onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhkxoMMfxwy5y4J6bQcmUsl8wqq3KTEC51cq43ICkDph2OWtMmuL09L-M0bujigOcGkPxf7bA6qdLT7iuyYEUtbPCursom4aB77f6UcyYyZAML_E_M9B4Dhl_I9PhyOtkJSDW0Lo5Pz6wO8/s1600/100_2640.JPG">

The aluminum cleaner I got worked like a charm after SECOND go around. The difference is exquisite.

2 comments:

  1. That helmsman spar varnish pic looks like a total sponsorship. Unfortunately its not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! aluminum window

    ReplyDelete